Family Immigration

Our family immigration practice includes helping U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents sponsor family members for green cards, i.e. to become lawful permanent residents. Examples include the following:

  • U.S. citizens sponsoring a spouse, child, parent or sibling.
  • Permanent residents sponsoring a spouse or child.
  • U.S. citizens sponsoring a fiancĂ©e for a K-1 visa to enter the U.S. and then a green card following arrival and marriage.
  • Joint petition by spouses to remove the conditions on the resident status of a spouse who was married fewer than two years when receiving the green card.
  • Waiver of the joint petition requirement for persons who obtained conditional residence through marriage but since have divorced.
  • Same-sex marriage family cases.